Learn all about the parade. Registration usually closes in February and spaces WILL fill up.
What is the Dragon Con Eternal Members fan group?
Welcome to www.DragonConEternalMembers.com. We are a fan group of Eternal Members and friends who love Dragon Con but this website and fan group is not affiliated with www.DragonCon.org. We cannot answer questions on their behalf. For information directly from Dragon Con employees, use http://dragoncon.org/?q=contact-us.
Our Facebook fan group is at https://www.facebook.com/groups/DragonConEternalMembers. We can also be reached at http://dragonconforums.org/eternal-members and through the Contact page. All of these resources are fan-run and not affiliated with DragonCon.org. Everyone is welcome, you don’t have to be a Dragon Con Eternal Member to join us. We welcome people who are not Eternal Members yet but who wish to learn more about it.
2018 FAN MEETUPS
Join us for our unofficial, fan-run meetups. These fan meetups are run by the Eternal Members fan group. They are not programming by Dragon Con and will therefore not be included any of Dragon Con’s publications or schedules including the printed Pocket Program and the Dragon Con app. Please add them to your calendar or organizational system. The official Dragon Con app comes out a few days before the event and allows you to add custom events to your schedule.
Look for our flyer in the Eternals badge pickup room. Due to printing deadlines and space limitations, the flyer may not include all meetups.
Are you thinking of buying an Eternal Membership but you’d like to meet some Eternals first? We welcome everyone. You do not have to be an Eternal Member to attend our fan-run meetups.
Everyone is are encouraged to follow the events at https://www.facebook.com/groups/DragonConEternalMembers/events to stay up to date on the latest news regarding time and location. Longtime attendees know that nothing on the schedule is set in stone until AFTER it has already happened!
Wednesday, Aug 29, 2018 from 7:00 – 10:00 p.m.
Welcome Back Wednesday dinner for Eternals and Friends
Saturday, Sept 1, 2018 at 8:00 a.m.
Saturday morning Eternal Members and Friends parade group – sign up with this Google Form.
Monday, Sept 3, 2018 from 9:00 – 11:00 p.m.
Monday night Eternals Hot Tub party, then Leftovers after party
Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 1:00 p.m
Tuesday Shawarma Lunch
In 2016 for the first time ever Eternal Members were able to donate to Dragon Con’s official charity in the Eternal Members badge pick up room. There will be a charity fundraising jar in there every year. Only cash will be accepted – no credit cards, bitcoin, or gold-pressed latinum. You can also contribute at our fan meetups.
Dragon Con attendees are well known for their incredible generosity to charity. Dragon Con will match dollar for dollar, up to $100,000, any money raised for the Georgia Special Olympics at the 2017 convention. This was Dragon Con’s official charity for 2017. A new charity is announced each year.
WHAT IS DRAGON CON? WHAT ARE ETERNAL MEMBERS?
Dragon Con is the world’s best science fiction and pop culture convention. It takes place every in Atlanta, GA every year in September over labor day weekend. Eternal Members are people who have bought a lifetime membership to this event.
Talk to Dragon Con Eternal Members at https://www.facebook.com/groups/DragonConEternalMembers or http://dragonconforums.org/eternal-members. Everyone is welcome, you don’t have to be a Dragon Con Eternal Member to join any of our online groups or participate in our fan meetups. We welcome anyone who wishes to learn more about the Eternal Membership.
BENEFITS OF A DRAGON CON ETERNAL MEMBERSHIP
- This is a direct quote from the Dragon Con online store in July of 2016 “Eternal Memberships are currently $2500. This membership grants you access to every Dragon Con from now until it no longer exists. Membership Badges are picked up in VIP Badge Pickup. Eternal members have a party on Thursday night before the show in the Guest Hospitality suite.”
- If Dragon Con ever caps registrations, you are grandfathered in. You will always have a membership/badge/ticket to Dragon Con. So if getting into Dragon Con ever becomes as hard as getting a ticket to San Diego Comic Con or getting a room at a Dragon Con host hotel then you won’t have to worry. You’ll always be able to get in. This has been confirmed by the Dragon Con office. To be clear, this capping overall registrations idea is just a fan rumor and no one official at Dragon Con has confirmed it will ever happen. However, Dragon Con has been growing every year so the idea is reasonable. There are conventions that have grown so large that their tickets now sell out online.
- Separate registration line for Eternal Members is in the Marriott. Sometimes there are freebies in the registration room. This is not guaranteed and quality and availability varies from year to year.
- Cool peach stripe with “ETERNAL” lettering on it comes printed on your badge. The stripe color is subject to change every year with no advance notice.
- See our FAQ for info on how to buy an Eternal Membership and some tips and tricks associated with that.
THURSDAY NIGHT PARTY
- This party is the only official event by Dragon Con for Eternal Members. Badges are checked at the door.
- The party is from 8:00 PM to midnight and is for Eternal Members and celebrity guests only. You never know who you’ll meet! Past celebrity guests have included Aaron Douglas, Virginia Hey, Garrett Wang, Paul McGillion, Gordon Michael Woolvett, Timothy Zahn, Tom Merritt, Veronica Belmont, Joey Fatone and more. I’ve seen people chatting with a celebrity and they didn’t even realize it until someone told them afterwards! Dragon Con has over 400 guests – you can’t know everyone!
- Due to Georgia State Alcohol laws, the party is 21 and up only. IDs are checked at the door. There is an open bar and free food. This is generally lighter fare and not a full sit-down dinner.
- For the comfort of the celebrities, no photography or recording of any kind is permitted.
- The party location is printed on the Eternal Member postcard you will get in the mail. The postcard color may vary from year to year. The postcard for Eternal Members is always a different color than for regular members. The postcard color for 2017 is orange for Eternals and blue for regular members.
My Dragon Con nickname is Eternal Zan (rhymes with “fan”). I’ve been a Dragon Con attendee since 2003 and an Eternal Member since 2005. I’m also a Dragon Con volunteer and fan panelist.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DragonConEternalMembers – Founder
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DragonConRoomsGroup – Admin
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DragonConNewbies – Contributor and newbie tour leader
http://esopodcast.com/category/eso-dragonkhan-report, regular contributor covering how to get a hotel room and more. This is a monthly podcast that runs from January until September every year.
Disclaimers: This is a fan-run website. I have made every effort to ensure all information is correct. Any mistakes are solely mine. If you spot any inaccuracies, please Contact me.
If you have any questions for Dragon Con staff, you can ask them directly at http://dragoncon.org/?q=contact-us.