Did you miss picking up our flyer in the Eternal Badge pickup room? Print your own souvenir – Dragon-Con-2016-Eternal-Members-Flyer-v7-final.doc . Look for our flyer on the table in 2017. Due to time and space limitations, the flyer may not include all meetups.
2016 FAN MEETUP EVENTS
Everyone is welcome. You do not have to be an Eternal Member to participate in any of the fan-run events.
These fan meetups are run by the Eternal Members fan group. They are not programming by Dragon Con and will therefore not be included any of Dragon Con’s publications or schedules including the printed Pocket Program and the Dragon Con app. You are encouraged to RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/groups/DragonConEternalMembers/events
This is a brief summary. Please join a specific event on Facebook to get full details and further updates as they become available. These Facebook events are public. You do not have to be a member of https://www.facebook.com/groups/DragonConEternalMembers to view or share them.
Welcome Back Wednesday dinner for Eternals and Friends at PittyPat’s Porch
Wednesday, August 31, 2016. 7 PM – 10 PM.
Restaurant: PittyPat’s Porch, 25 Andrew Young International Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Bring your oldest Dragon Con badge and oldest Eternal badge (they could be different years) and participate in our photo op.
- RSVP “going” if you want to join us and “interested/ maybe” if you want to see updates to the event and decide later. I will call the restaurant and update them with our “going” numbers closer to con.
Eternal Members and VIPs Exclusive Party
Thursday, September 1, 2016. 8:00 PM – midnight.
Location is on the Eternal Members postcard.
- This is the only official event exclusively for Eternal Members run by Dragon Con. Only Eternals will be admitted. Security checks for Dragon Con Eternal Membership badges and ID at the door. This party is 21 and up due to Georgia’s alcohol laws. There is a free bar and free food.
- Sometimes celebrity VIPs join the party but this is not guaranteed.
- The secret location will be on your Eternal postcard. PLEASE do not share the party’s location online, even in the Eternals fan group. Due to the celebrity guests there are security issues with the location. Help us keep our party safe and secure for future years. Thank you.
- Eternal postcards with the secret party location have all been mailed our for 2016. If you have not gotten yours already, email firstname.lastname@example.org to update your mailing information, and it will get sent back out again. You can also use the http://dragoncon.org/?q=contact-us form. Always be sure to include your name and current mailing address.
- Unlike most of the events for our fan group, this event is private. This is because this is an exclusive event for Eternals only and is run by Dragon Con, not the Eternal Members fan group. You cannot invite your non-Eternal friends. Non-Eternals are required by Dragon Con security to wait outside the room.
DC Eternals Thursday Night Afterparty at Hyatt Bar
Thursday, September 1, 2016. Midnight – 3 AM
Location: The Hyatt Bar aka Twenty Two Stories Bar
- After Dragon Con’s exclusive party for just Eternals and VIPs ends, the Eternals are heading to the the Hyatt bar to continue the fun with our non-Eternal friends and talk about what 10:00 AM panel we are praying to NOT accidentally sleep through this year ;)
- According the pink Eternals postcard for 2016, the party is from 8-midnight. In 2015 the Eternals/ VIPs party stayed open an hour later than listed on the Eternals postcard. That’s right, Eternals got an extra hour in the ball pit! :D This was an usual circumstance and will probably not be repeated but no one knows for sure.
- But if the Eternals wander down to the afterparty a bit late, just know that we are on Dragon Con Party Time and we’ll be there eventually. Our exclusive party has free food and drink *burp* so we might need to make a pit stop before heading on down if you know what I mean.
- While the afterparty is being targeted at Eternal Members, it isn’t exclusive. Eternals are welcome to their bring your non-Eternal friends. Everyone is welcome, you don’t have to know any Eternals to join us. This is Thursday night so you don’t even need a badge to get into the hotel.
- Privacy: The privacy setting of this Facebook event is set to “public” so that members of https://www.facebook.com/groups/DragonConEternalMembers can invite friends that are not a part of that Facebook group.
Saturday Morning Parade
Saturday, September 3, 2016. 8 AM – 1 PM
See our dedicated parade page for all the details.
Eternals at Dragon Con Aquarium Night
Saturday, September 3, 2016. 7 PM – 11 PM
Tickets now on sale, they WILL sell out in advance – http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/convention/dragoncon
The info for 2016 has not been released yet but last year this sold out in advance and VIP tickets sold out even faster. At Closing Ceremonies for 2015 they said it was a big hit and they announced plans to expand the event for 2016. These are the links for 2015. Whether these exact same pages will be updated for 2016 is unknown at the time of this writing.
- There will be an Eternal Members and friends photo op. We will not have our own professional photographer (unless someone wants to volunteer their time) so bring your own cameras. We will do different photo ops for different combinations of people. Aquatic outfits together, all Eternals in costume (aquatic outfits not required), Eternals and friends in costume, everyone together – both costumers and non-costumers, etc…
- Exact time and location of our photo op will be released closer to the event. If the aquarium has a costume contest then the photo op will be scheduled so that it does not conflict and you can attend both.
SEPARATE TICKET REQUIRED
- You do NOT have to be a Dragon Con member to attend this event but you DO need to buy a separate ticket. http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/convention/dragoncon
In 2015 the prices were $30 for general admission at the door and $80 for VIP. VIP tickets came with free food and drink and special VIP area and they sold out in advance.
Eternals and friends will close out the Marriott Atrium Rave on Sunday night/ Monday morning. We don’t leave until they turn on the lights and kick us out!
- The exact closing time can vary from year to year and may differ from what is on the official schedule. Possible freebies for making it all the way to the end, those are a work in progress.
- BYO Starbucks and other leftovers to share.
- The Marriott Rave is a part of Dragon Con’s official activities and can be found in the app and Pocket Program. A Dragon Con badge is required to enter the Marriott Rave.
Eternal Members Marriott Hot Tub and Pool Party
Monday, September 5, 2016. 9 PM – 11 PM
Location: Pool in back of the Marriott hotel on the Atrium level.
Aaaaaaah, take a load off. Slow down and chill out in the Marriott hot tub and/or pool. You’ve earned it! This was soooooo relaxing to my tired muscles last year. It really hit the spot. But beware… the pool area closes at 11:00 PM so don’t be too late.
Leftovers Disposal Team
Monday, September 5, 2016. 11:30 PM – 1:00 AM
Location: Marriott Pulse bar, Atrium Level
Join the Leftovers Disposal Team! Lighten your luggage by bringing the food, drink, and swag leftovers you don’t want to take home. We’ll share amongst ourselves.
- This event takes place right after the “DC Eternal Members Marriott Hot Tub and Pool Party” on Monday night. https://www.facebook.com/events/179325929070705 .
- The Marriott pool area closes at 11:00 PM. Afterwards we’ll dry off and head to the Marriott Pulse bar for our 2nd annual Countdown to Midnight and the totally unofficial start of Dragon Con 2017. Dragon Con never ends. It just goes on and on, my friend…
- The Leftovers Disposal Team encourages responsibility. For your health and safety, do not accept food or drink if you don’t know what is in it. We encourage you to bring items in their original packaging and to label ingredients as needed.
Tuesday Lunch with the Eternally Cool Kids at Big Kahuna
Tuesday, September 6, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM.
Restaurant: Big Kahuna, 303 Peachtree Center Ave NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30309.
Ph: (404) 343-0409
Join the cool kids in elementary school that won’t take the hint from your best friend’s parents that it is time to leave after your sleepover has ended. What? No, I don’t have any homework to do tonight. My parents aren’t worried about me, I can stay a little longer.
It ain’t over until WE say it is. Welcome to our 2nd annual attempt to hold off the post-con depression as long as possible. You can’t miss a place you haven’t left yet!
Lets show off our favorite photos from the weekend and talk about what panels we missed that we swear we are going to finally make it to next year. This time we mean it.